TV Show: Orphan Black
Episode Title: To Right The Wrongs Of Many
Original Air Date: August 13, 2017
Episode Number: 5×10
Helena takes shelter behind enemy lines, and Sarah and Art struggle to protect her and end the siege. Who will make it to the end?
What an emotional rollercoaster this finale episode was. I don’t know about you guys, but I cried my eyes out several times during this episode. I thought this was a perfect bookend to an amazing show and I couldn’t have been happier with the ending we got.
Sarah turning around and not taking that test was disappointing, but I hope that she did eventually get her GED because we saw her staying at their house and not selling it after all. Maybe what Alison said during the baby shower stuck with her. It’s interesting that she felt unsure about her life now that there are no more problems to solve and situations to get out of. Good thing she has an excellent support system surrounding her.
Helena screwing Coady (literally) with that screwdriver made me laugh because damn, she deserved it so much. I love that even in her state, Helena devised a way to trick Coady into coming closer to her so she can put the proverbial nail in the coffin.
I thought Helena giving birth to her twin boys (with Sarah and Art assisting) was one of the most beautiful and most moving scenes of the show ever. I was crying buckets of tears watching this unfold and my heart was so full at the implications of Art being there since he has been there for the sestras from the start and I thought that it was quite fitting that he was there for the next stage of the sestras’ lives.
The scene that made me cry the most was definitely Helena naming Purple and Orange after real men: Arthur and Donnie. I’m not kidding, tears were rolling down my face. Such an honor for both men to be named after Helena’s babies. Ooh, but what about Felix? Then again, Helena was closer to both Art and Donnie so it’s only right.
Cosima and Delphine are making it their mission to go around and find the Ledas so they can administer the cure to them. I do wonder what Delphine’s pitch is in giving these women the injections. Cosima hanging around the clinic and risking Camilla Torres seeing her was kinda dangerous and stupid. They certainly don’t want to drag these sestras’ lives into chaos and confusion. Best to lay low in the hotel, Cosima.
I’m kinda sad that we didn’t get original Alison back, but it seems like she’s slowly making her presence felt and we saw a few brief glimpses of original Alison when she pushed Sarah into a corner and Sarah snapped. Sensitivity is not Alison’s forte. I cracked up when Donnie started taking his clothes off and performed a striptease in front of Alison while she’s playing her keyboard. These two, lol.
Although I understand why Rachel couldn’t join them in the end, I sort of wish she could have, but her involvement in killing the other Ledas before makes having a relationship with her sestras an impossibility. Her ending is really sad. She literally has no one in her life. I just hope she moves away and starts a new life somewhere.
Loved, loved, loved the scene with all four sestras: Sarah, Alison, Cosima, and Helena and how they all rallied together to be there for Sarah. It broke my heart when Sarah said that “I don’t know how to be happy” and how she feels like she’s a bad mom. Everyone offered their stories and anecdotes to make her feel better and it worked.
That must have been another logistical nightmare to shoot this scene. Can’t wait for the behind the scenes clip (there better be one) as to how they shot this scene.
To close this out, I would like to thank the cast and crew and everyone who was involved with the show. It has been a fantastic five years filled with great stories, crazy twists, brilliant acting, and many, many more. Tatiana has been incredible all throughout and I am so happy for her that she has gotten acclaim for her work on the show because she so deserves it. Gonna be tough to follow this up for her. If she’s on another show, it’ll be a breeze because I don’t think anyone would want to emulate what she did on this show.
I’m going to miss the heck out of this show and its characters.
Other random thoughts and observations:
– I got choked up when the camera panned to that portrait of Siobhan in their house and she’s shown holding her tea and her trusty rifle next to her. Perfect.
– Can’t believe Enger survived. I really wanted Art to put a bullet in her, but he’s a better man than I am. “You’re a shitty partner, Enger.” Indeed she was.
– I cringed when Sarah rammed that tank against PT’s head. Oof. He definitely deserved it.
– Loved that we saw Siobhan in this episode in the flashbacks with Sarah thinking about getting an abortion when she got pregnant with Kira. Things would have been so different if she did that.
– I laughed so hard when Helena pulled out her notebook and said that her story is called Orphan Black. Shades of Gilmore Girls, heh. I laughed again when they all asked her what it means and Alison said that they’re not even black. This is a total shout-out to the fans because we have all theorized as to why the show is titled OB.
– Another funny moment was the scene with Felix and Rachel in the car and Felix asking if the guy driving the car was Rachel’s new henchman. “This is Yusef, my Uber driver.” 😅
– “Every time I look, the baby’s eating sand. I turn around, sand. Where does this sand come from? I don’t know, so I let them eat it.”