TV Show: Wynonna Earp
Episode Title: Forever Mine Nevermind
Original Air Date: August 4, 2017
Episode Number: 2×09
Wynonna asks Doc to make an impossible choice; Waverly makes a new friend while an old one terrorizes her.
Lots of interesting things happened in this episode with the most shocking of all (only because I never suspected it) was the reveal that Rosita is a revenant. I was spoiled about this before I watched the episode so I expected her to be evil so I was so glad she’s not that type of revenant. She has really been a great and necessary addition to the team, I think, and it would have been a shame if she had to leave now.
Although I love the chemistry and interactions between Rosita and Waverly, I’m not worried over that kiss. They both realized that they were in love with someone else so they stopped themselves before it went on further. I do fear that Rosita will end up getting her heart hurt because Doc is still clearly in love or has feelings for Wynonna. Add Dolls to the mix and you have a very complicated quadrangle. If I had my way, I’d have Dolls and Rosita end up together because, holy crap, I’m imagining it and I think they’d both be super hot.
We still didn’t get confirmation if Waverly is really half-revenant or not, just that she suspects it because of what the report said. They need to let us know already because I’m getting very impatient in regards to this storyline.
Did Doc and Wynonna really have to have that special dinner? Kinda weird with everyone having different expectations about this dinner. Doc thinks he’s there so they can talk about the baby and how to take care of it. Wynonna just wants Doc’s ring. Rosita is worried that she’ll probably lose Doc to Wynonna, while Dolls probably thinks that he’ll lose Wynonna to Doc. Not sure where Waverly falls on this spectrum, but I bet she’s only concerned about Wynonna’s emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
That better have been the last we’ve seen of Tucker because the guy is a fucking waste of space. I don’t get why he’s so obsessed with Waverly (I mean, I get it). He’s only introduced this season and I think that’s why I’m not buying it. It would have been better if they introduced him last season because then it wouldn’t have been so sudden.
Jeremy was such a hoot with Dolls. No matter who you pair him with, he seems to really gel well with whoever it is. Kudos to the actor and to the entire cast. All of them actually gel well with each other no matter who they’re paired with. I laughed so hard during this Jeremy exchange with Dolls:
“I’m sending you a mental hug, buddy.”
“Not right now, Jeremy. Not while I’m in tactical, okay?”
“Sorry, you sounded sad.”
“Hey! Stay put and be quiet.”
“Easy for you to say! The more nervous I get, the more I talk. The more you tell me not to talk, the more nervous I get. It is a vicious cycle.”
I’m gonna have to steal that “mental hug” line because it is perfect.
Nicole will be fine, I hope. Why did the widow go to her place? What’s there? And I cringed when Waverly sent that mean text to Nicole. I hate that they’re acting like this. They should both be mature about the situation and talk to each other. Both are to blame for the situation they are in and I loved that Rosita was being the voice of reason telling Waverly to go and get her girl.
Other random thoughts and observations:
– Every episode should start with Waverly and Wynonna sparring because that was a lot of fun. Dominique’s arms are crazy! “With great belly comes great responsibility.”
– How sweet of Dolls to give Rosita a spa gift card. We did find out later that he had ulterior motives to get her out of Shorty’s so he can go snooping and steal her formula for his cure so Jeremy can replicate it. But why? Does he not trust Rosita? Does he know she’s a revenant?
– Wynonna’s idea of dinner: macaroni and cheese (I think) and licorice, lol.
– “Is that your thing? Cute but annoying?” – Rosita to Waverly
– “I ain’t your daddy.” – Dolls to Jeremy 😅
– “Just don’t shoot any of my decorative pillows. I’ll never find the right color combination again. You repeat this convo, you die.”
– Rosita seems to be the whole package: super smart (has two degrees in biochemistry and engineering), beautiful, loyal, and gives great advice. If Doc doesn’t want her, I’ll volunteer to take care of her.
– “Perfect is overrated.”
– Jeremy’s vapor guard working against one of the widows was pretty great because he saved Dolls with his impeccable timing.
– “You’re just such an awesome person.” – Waverly to Rosita. I concur!