Episode Title: Playtime
Original Air Date: April 18, 2017
Episode Number: 7×11
Spencer focuses on learning more about her connection to Mary Drake, while Aria and Ezra figure out what their future may hold now that Nicole is back in the picture. Mona helps Hanna get her fashion career back on track, and Emily struggles to balance things between Ali and Paige now that the three of them are working at Rosewood High. Meanwhile, A.D. has a special delivery for the Liars, one that reveals the final endgame. The Liars realize this latest gift pushes things to a whole new level.
Okay, I was one of those people who abandoned ship I think when the 7th season premiered because I couldn’t take the non-stop ridiculousness of the show and how they seem to just be going in circles. I mean, I stuck with it for six years and enjoyed the ridiculousness, but I think I reached my limit then because it was announced that the show would still go on for two more years. Thankfully, that was reduced to only one and this is the last season after all.
I skipped the first 10 episodes of this season and won’t bother watching since Spencer perfectly summed up what happened in those episodes in less than a minute so I’m back for this episode and will watch the rest of the season just to find out how everything will end for this crazy-ass show. Plus, I miss the girls’ interactions and I live for those so I’m here to enjoy the ride.
Now I don’t know if it’s because I didn’t watch the start of this season, but I thought this episode was AMAZING and was downright hilarious. I enjoyed everything about it from beginning to end and I didn’t even roll my eyes when Ezra showed up. That’s how much I liked this episode!
Let’s get down to the characters then:
Aria: So she’s engaged to Ezra (gag me), but Ezra’s girlfriend (or was it fiancee?) who was thought to have died in South America resurfaces and is recovering in NY and this puts Aria in an unsure position. She’s definitely affected by Nicole’s reappearance because she can’t even focus on planning her wedding.
Emily and Alison: Ali sure was acting like a jealous girlfriend every time Paige was mentioned which cracked me up. Emily is so blind that she doesn’t understand why Ali would act like this towards Paige. Come on, Em. Ali clearly has feelings for her and she feels threatened that Paige is back and will be working closely with her. It’s good that they seem to be heading for an Emison endgame, but I’ve never been a fan of that ship. So long as they’re both happy, I guess.
Hanna: The ship that I’m definitely on is the Mona/Hanna ship. Their interactions have always been my favorite and I just love how loving their friendship/relationship is despite the craziness that have happened to both of them. There’s a deep love between these two and Mona helping Hanna when she doesn’t have to is the perfect example of that. Mona calling Catherine right away to set the record straight just to appease Hanna was very sweet. Can’t wait to see these two ruling the fashion world together.
Spencer: Damn. DAMN. To be told that your mother is not your birth mother has got to be life-changing. Poor Spencer. She’s the child of a mentally unstable woman, a woman whom her dad mistook for Jessica who he was having an affair with. WTF, Papa Hastings? Put your dick back in your pants, you whore. Veronica is a saint for sticking with Spencer’s dad after he cheated on her repeatedly and it’s all because of Spencer and Melissa. She didn’t want them to grow up as kids with divorced parents so she decided to stay for their sake and forsaking her happiness in the process. That was a really great scene between Troian and Lesley when Spencer was confronting Veronica about her birth mother.
And now some random observations:
– Loved all of Mona and Hanna’s scens: “Do you trust me?” “Sometimes.” Also: “It must be my natural aura of authority and knowledge.” “Well, you can take your aura and shove it right up…” LMAO. They are the best.
– “I don’t know Catherine Daly, Catherine Daly knows me.” Touche, Mona.
– “Alison’s husband wasn’t a real doctor, turns out that he was a crook and he took all of her money. Noel Kahn kidnapped Hanna, she got away, Noel Kahn is now dead. Jenna Marshall shot me. Probably. Toby and Yvonne were in a car crash. Do you want a glass of wine?” HAHAHAHAHAHA. Troian delivered this perfectly. I loved how Spencer punctuated the speech with an offer for some wine as if it’s the most natural thing ever, lol. Oh, show, never change.
– NOEL KAHN. Hee. I love this show’s penchant for always referring to this character by his full name. It’s never Noel, it’s always Noel Kahn.
– Hanna ready to hack into the board game with a knife was HILARIOUS.