Episode Title: Heaven Just Got A Little Smoother
Original Air Date: April 4, 2017
Episode Number: 3×01
Liv has discovered there are more zombies living in Seattle than she previously believed. In fact, there’s a private military contractor employing a small zombie army, and that army is preparing for the day humans learn of their existence. Major was exonerated for the crimes of the Chaos Killer, but is still considered a pariah. He manages to land a job with the one and only place that will hire him. Meanwhile, Blaine is accused of lying.
Welcome back, show! I have missed you and your zombie fun times! Loved this episode. The setup for this season was well-done and I can’t wait to watch the various plotlines unfold.
Liv and Major are for joining Vivian’s team while Clive was the last holdout and now we have everyone on the same page. Was I the only one who thought that Vivian orchestrated those deaths at Wally’s house? I knew it was Wally’s house even before we saw Clive come out of Wally’s room and it didn’t jump out at me that this was done by the conspiracy theorist nutjobs. I don’t know, I just can’t shake the feeling that this was all done by Vivian since she was a bit reluctant at first to have Clive on board. We did get those scenes of her getting the phone call and grieving, but what if those were all for show?
Having said that, I truly love Vivian and I wish that my gut feeling is wrong about her being behind Wally and Wally’s family’s deaths. I don’t want her to be the big bad this season because she seems to be genuinely working towards helping all the zombies and building their own habitat on that island to keep them separate from the living. The actress is doing a great job in the role and that’s part of the reason why I’m loving this character. She really sells it.
Clive helping Liv get over Drake’s death by letting her get drunk was pretty awesome of him. We all need a Clive in our lives. I loved that she told her that if she didn’t do what she did, he wouldn’t be alive right now. Also, I’m glad that he’s finally in the know and is part of the No More Secrets Between Us Club. The show is even better because of this and, story-wise, the show has so much more potential and more avenues to explore now.
Ravi’s former boss getting involved into the Max Rager case is not good, but maybe he’s right in that she’s staunchly stubborn and doesn’t think outside the box and will probably not jump to conclusions right away about that body eating human brains and being a zombie. Here’s hoping! Her name cracked me up. Katty Kupps.
Is Blaine really an amnesiac now? Somehow I’m still doubting he is even though Ravi has pretty much confirmed that it’s true. How would Ravi know for sure Cure #2 causes one to have retrograde amnesia? He’s only taking Blaine’s word, right? And Blaine’s former employee stole Blaine’s dad’s body and is thawing it out so they could go into business together. Wonder where that storyline is heading.
I think the only misstep in this episode is the Ravi/Peyton/Blaine triangle and I wish the show would drop it because even though I love all three characters, this storyline is not doing them any favors. They all just need to be friends with no romantic entanglements. A mopey Ravi is not a Ravi that I want to see any more of so I hope he gets out of this funk and talks to Peyton to see where they stand.
– The posters in Vivian’s company made me laugh especially the “Don’t be that guy, tan and dye” one. Wally echoing what it said to Liv cracked me up. Liv’s reaction was priceless.
– Clive’s reaction to “zombie children” was also priceless.
– The army guys running and chanting “You can’t kill me, I can’t die, unless you shoot me in the eye” was also priceless. Nice to see Major running with them in the end there. He’s now working for Vivian.
– They killed off Rob Thomas! I know it happened in the season finale in season two, but to hear it being vocalized amused me to no end since I’m a fan of the artist. And then the DJ talking about Carlos Santana tweeting about Rob’s death: “Heaven just got a little bit smoother. Hastag stop the violence.” I could not stop laughing. Then Blaine started singing along to Smooth which was pretty cool.
– So happy that Aly Michalka is now a regular. Shallow moment: she looked absolutely stunning in all of her scenes (get used to this because I will always say this every week) and that blue-ish dress Peyton was wearing when she went to see Blaine was divine. Aly can pull off anything apparently.