Episode Title: Duet
Original Air Date: March 21, 2017
Episode Number: 3×17
Barry and team are surprised when Mon-El and Hank Henshaw arrive on their Earth carrying a comatose Supergirl who was whammied by the Music Meister. Unable to wake her up, they turn to Team Flash to save her. However, the Music Meister surprises The Flash and puts him in a similar coma, one that Team Flash can’t cure. Kara and Barry wake up without their powers in an alternate reality where life is like a musical and the only way to escape is by following the script, complete with singing and dancing, to the end.
I stopped watching this show halfway through season two and I hated doing it because I didn’t want to say goodbye to Cisco who was my favorite character. Unfortunately, I just couldn’t find myself invested in anything else, but I did come back to watch this episode because I watch Supergirl (although I don’t enjoy it as much anymore ever since Kara and Mon-El got together) and have always enjoyed the Kara/Barry dynamic.
Aside from the barf-inducing and eyeroll-worthiness of the whole “love will save them” trope, I actually really enjoyed this. My favorite parts were:
1) Cisco pronouncing GIF correctly (with a hard G, for those wondering)!
2) Joe and Stein are Iris’ dads and was the biggest and best surprise. “Do you have a problem with that?” Hee.
3) Barry and Kara’s tap dancing routine to I’m Your Superfriend is exactly why I watched this. They are magic together and sound fantastic together. Melissa’s voice is wonderful.
4) Barry acting like a total dork and clapping after Joe and Stein’s performance.
5) Winn playing the piano and singing – Jeremy Jordan has a great voice. Truly.
6) Cisco singing was also great and I love Carlos’ tone of voice.
7) “I put the ‘kara’ in karaoke.”
8) Barry singing to Iris was really sweet in the end and damn, Grant’s voice is impeccable.