Episode Title: The Best of Orlando
Episode Number: 3×10
Original Air Date: January 17, 2017
Louis forgets to thank Jessica in his acceptance speech when he’s named Small Businessman of the Year; and Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line.
Louis’ speech was pretty great and if I were Jessica, I would have forgiven him too. She’s right that sometimes a little thanks or show of appreciation goes a long way. Jessica having him say the speech to all of their invited guests was a bit much, but she did say the speech is much better in front of an audience of one, lol.
I knew Louis would get interrupted by breaking news when he was on the morning show, but I didn’t expect it to be because of a pack of armadillos. Wait, scratch that, because of a pregnant armadillo in labor.
Eddie and Emery being entrepreneurs with Grandma’s help went about as well as it did until an older person ruined the fad by buying it and wearing it at school. Not cool, dude. At least Grandma made quite a profit from this whole thing.
Other random observations:
– The return of Jessica and her sister’s veiled phone conversation complete with mental subtitles will never not be hilarious.
– The ending with Jessica imitating Deidre’s phone messages ending with “Yeaaaaaaaaaah”
– Eddie’s line “We just went from illicit to licit”
– Marvin passing on Jessica’s message to Louis by giving him Jessica’s “face of displeasure” face
– The Huang’s car license plate says SOCHNEEZ. When I saw this, I couldn’t stop laughing.
– I missed Honey.